Liberating our daughters is a mentor program for girls 10 -18. The program will allow adult women to volunteer 90 minutes of their time weekly to discuss various topics and issues to increase the young girl’s awareness and understanding of our complex world.
The program will provide a structured curriculum whereby the girls will engage in self-awareness exercise to explore their values, participate in conflict resolution role play, and learn to make Positive life choices while discovering their voice. The mentors will be encouraging. Caring, Patient, Non- judgmental and provide Non- Parental Guidance and Support.
The Mentees and Mentors will:
- Develop lasting relationships
- Meet at a safe place within community
- Gain positive experience to impact future relationships to Educate, Empower, and Encourage girls to one day give back to society by mentoring another individual daughter
Goals and Objectives
- The program will help the girls/ teenagers
- Develop better social skills, life skills
- Become more assertive toward reaching positive goals in life
- Establish better communication skills with parents, teachers, and peers
- Establish employment and career goals and job readiness skills
- Enhance school performance as it relate to truancy, behavior, conflict resolution
- Engage in cultural awareness and enrichment activities to boarded career choices, enjoyments
The Liberating our Daughters Mentoring Programs mission statement is to focus on 3E’s Educate, Empower, and Encourage girls ages 10-18 by providing a structured curriculum whereby the girls will engage in self-awareness exercises to explore their values and participate in conflict resolution role-play. Liberating our Daughters mentees will learn to make positive life choices while discovering their voice. 3E’s